LLA was established in 1980 by Ms. Laura M. Llerena, in the garage of her home. As one of the first female Landscape Architects in South Florida it took a lot of hard work and dedication to get that first proverbial “foot in the door”. In a male-driven industry, Ms. Llerena had to work diligently to earn respect and credibility from her peers.
As a result of Ms. Llerena’s drive and early endeavors, today LLA is going on its 33rd year of business. LLA has come a long
way from that first, garage office. We have been successful because of our passion for Landscape Architecture. Throughout
the years we have also been able to maintain good working relationships with many of the top A/E firms in South Florida. We have also earned a proven track record with many local governmental agencies. This has afforded us wonderful opportunities to work on a wide range of projects; from small to large scale residential projects, to school campuses, to fire stations and Army base campuses.
After 30 years of practice, Ms. Llerena officially retired in 2012. Today, LLA is headed by Ms. Laura M. Llerena-Hernandez.
Meet Our Staff
Laura M. Llerena-Hernandez is President and Principal-In-Charge of LLA. She is a Registered Landscape Architect with the State of Florida. Ms. Llerena-Hernandez has over 20 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture. Ms.
Llerena-Hernandez’ experience has all been as part of LLA.
Jason T. Korose is a Senior Project Manager at
LLA. He received his Bachelor’s of Landscape Architecture from Ball State University (Muncie, Indiana) in May 2000. Ms. Korose has over 10 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture. Mr. Korose has been with LLA since 2003.
Fredy Rodriguez is the Office Manager at LLA.
She is responsible for preparing all RFQ/RFP submittals for LLA as well as keeping all LLA certifications up-to-date. Ms. Rodriguez has been with LLA since 2005.
- Broward College SDB certified
- City of Tampa MWBE certified
- Florida Department of Transportation DBE certified
- Florida Department of Transportation group 15 qualification
- Florida Statewide and Inter-local MBE certified
- Miami-Dade County CBE and Micro SBE certified
- Miami-Dade County Technical certification (Category 20.0)
- Miami-Dade County Affirmative Action Plan certification
- Miami-Dade County Pre-Qualification certification
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools MWBE certified
- Palm Beach County CCNA certified
- School Board of Broward County MWBE certification
- South Florida Water Management District SBE certification